Sunday, October 24, 2021

Do Not Move to Danville Virginia

I just bought this house a year ago, so I can't just move.  The males in this neighborhood seem to think that a female and her property is their right. 2 nights ago,  one neighbor rang my bell and started to give me "h" about calling animal control last year about an animal I thought was being neglected.  He told me that none of this happened until I came.  He was drunk or high, because he kept changing subjects and his speech was meandering. Then he starts to say that he wants  to have a discreet relationship with me and kept touching my foot. He said he wants me to have "what I have been missing," whatever that is. and on and on. Then he stated something about my being a better neighbor. I just want to be left alone. The day I moved here, another neighbor wanted to park in my yard, now won't talk to me because I said no, which is fine. The neighbor next door actually asked me to go out with him and I changed the subject.  He was coming in his yard every time I came out of the house for a while. The police here have never seemed too concerned when I have called them about other things, not surprising. I am 63. I want to be left alone.   Danville, VA has been a nightmare for me.  I am afraid to go out of my house and I have not slept for 2 nights. I do not want to be accosted every time I have to go somewhere. I also don't want reprisal for telling someone, but this needs to stop.  I no longer even want to greet  or talk to any of my neighbors.  3 males I have had trouble with.